Learn how to turn on advanced inventory in QuickBooks enterprise solutions:
QuickBooks Enterprise is loaded with features, one of which is advanced inventory. Advanced inventory helps in long run for optimizing the economic order of quantities that helps in maintaining the stock. Advanced inventory in QuickBooks enterprise is basically an add on option for tracking inventory. Turning on advanced inventory in QuickBooks enterprise is a must, which demands for a step by step procedure. If you are also looking for the process to turn on advanced inventory, then here is comprehensive guide for you.
In today’s article, we will be talking about the process to turn on QuickBooks enterprise advanced inventory in detail. Thus, make sure that you read the process with much care. Moreover, if you want any technical assistance, our experts and certified accounting professionals will help you with the process. Give us a call right away at 1-888-291-2294, and we will be there to assist you immediately.
You may also see: What file types and extensions used by QuickBooks desktop?
What is advanced inventory in QuickBooks?
The advanced inventory system was directly integrated by Intuit with the QuickBooks account which saves the time of users. In simple words, this is an inbuilt tool that can easily compete with other inventory management software for small businesses. This feature helps the user in maintaining and tracking the stock and also virtually moving the products. It can be integrated with much ease and can also be subscribed with new software in various ways. This program can be bough online or it can be availed in a package under platinum subscription of Intuit. The user just needs a license key with advanced inventory feature, and the inventory ca be tracked from site or locations.
What are the benefits of tracking inventory?
Tracking inventory can be extremely beneficial for the user. We have listed below some of the common benefits that this feature offers:
- This makes tracking stock in different locations easy
- Also, the user can easily scan the barcode
- This feature enables the user for tracking the serial number or lot numbers
- Tracking bin location also becomes easy
- Advanced inventory feature permits the user to transfer the items between the inventory sites
- This makes possible for the user to track inventory data in one place
- And the list is huge….
Moreover, in case of QuickBooks desktop enterprise, the user can purchase or subscribe to advanced inventory, which enables the user to use:
- FIFO costing
- Multiple location inventory
- Bar code scanning
- Bin or lot tracking
- Serial or lot numbers
What is the need of tracking inventory?
The most common question is the need of tracking inventory. Well, the advanced inventory in QuickBooks enterprise tracks either inventory store from the different sites or different locations. To understand this easily, we can take this example, if you store the inventory from different warehouses, either in the multiple tracks or in the different areas within a warehouse at the consignment locations, or from the outside manufacturer, it can easily manage the inventory in the business.
In case the user is willing to make use of this feature, then the user is required to buy advance inventory, or the user is having the license that includes these advanced features in the subscription.
Procedure to turn on Advanced inventory in QuickBooks enterprise
In order to turn on the advanced inventory, the user can carry out the below steps:
- When the user tries to operate the QuickBooks enterprise, he/she will see the edit menu. And then click and spot preferences under the same. The user is then required to press left click on it to select that option
- The next step is to move the cursor to the left panel to choose the items and inventory. This will change the right panel
- Once done with that, the user will see two divided sections named My preferences and company preferences. After which he/she is needed to click on the company preferences
- Now, the window after selecting company preferences will show four sections. At the bottom of the first section, the user will have to click on advanced inventory settings tab
- And, a new window will pop up, after which the user needs to enable the option of multiple inventory sites is enabled under the heading of multiple inventory sites
- Moving ahead, the user needs to click on OK at the bottom of advanced inventory settings windows pane
- And lastly, the user needs to click on OK on the right-hand side of the preferences windowpane.
In order to implement this feature in a better way, the user can close the QuickBooks enterprise software running on the device, and if it doesn’t close on time, then the user can always select the task manager to end the running tasks.
And also, can restart the device and then restart the software for smooth working of the advanced inventory feature. In certain cases, the user might find difficulties like the advanced inventory settings option might be grey in color, and he/she will not be able to click on it to move the steps ahead. The solution to such a scenario is revealed later in this post.
Steps to follow for activating the advanced inventory settings
As we mentioned above, these steps can be followed to activate the advanced inventory settings, if the advanced inventory tab is not clickable. The steps involved are:
- The user is supposed to align the license that they have got after buying the QuickBooks software, and also before the advanced inventory settings can work for the user.
- Moreover, the user will also have to visit the help on the extreme right-hand side on QuickBooks enterprise version
- The next step is to click on manage my license and then click on sync license data online.
After this the user can easily head back to the actual procedure and carry out the remaining steps. Moreover, there can be another common set of issues that might appear in case the user is missing one piece of information or another. This could be from the purchase until the final installation of the QuickBooks enterprise software on the working device.
See Also: What is QuickBooks auto data recovery
What If Failure in syncing problem occurred?
In case the user is facing sync fail issue on the system, then it is a system-specific error. The user can opt for the below stated issues to get rid of the problem. It should be noted that, the user should only carry out the below steps for windows. The user can also:
- Run reboot.bat
- Or fix Microsoft .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ issues using the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
Step 1: Downloading and installing the QuickBooks tools hub
The user can opt for QuickBooks tool hub, in order to resolve common issues. The steps involved here are:
- The user needs to quit QuickBooks and then download the QuickBooks tool hub tool from the internet and then save the .exe file someplace, where the user can find it easily.
- And then, open QuickBooksToolHub.exe, which is the file downloaded earlier
- The next step is to follow the onscreen instructions to install and accept all the terms and condition
- After that, when the installation completed, the user needs to open the tool hub and double click on the icon.
It should be noted that, if the user is unable to find the icon then he/she needs to navigate to the windows search bar and do a direct search for QuickBooks and opt for the program.
Step 2: Run Quick fix my program
This tool will run a quick repair and will stop all QuickBooks background process, if any. The steps to be followed here are:
- The user needs to select program problems in the tools hub
- After that, the user needs to click on Quick fix for my program
- And then, select the QuickBooks program diagnostic tool
The point to be noted is that, if the user faced any issue during the repair or uninstalling .NET framework, then it is recommended to consult a professional.
Also read: Convert a QuickBooks for Windows file to Mac
Quick tips for using advanced inventory
- The user can easily sync the account to enable the advanced inventory option
- And then, by using serial or lot numbers the user can track the inventory
- In case more space is needed, the user needs to ensure that he/she is having at least 2.5 GB of hard drive space available.
We feel that the above-mentioned information would be enough for the users, in order to turn on advanced inventory successfully in QuickBooks enterprise. However, in case of any query or any further information, getting in touch with a professional is recommended.
You can call us at our toll-free support number i.e 1-888-291-2294, and our QuickBooks enterprise customer support team will be there to provide you immediate technical assistance. Feel free to call us any time.