Learn the best ways to easily eliminate the QuickBooks Error 1303: Installer has insufficient privileges to access:
Are you experiencing QuickBooks error code 1303 and unable to tackle it? Well, need not worry anymore, as we are here with this comprehensive guide to fix this error effectively. This error is often encountered when installing QuickBooks desktop. It basically means that the installer does not have sufficient privileges to access the path to the directory. This issue also comes up with an error message stating:
|Warning:||“Error 1303: Installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory. C:\…\Intuit”.|
This error can be very much frustrating for QuickBooks users to handle. Keeping that in mind, we have come up with this article to address the causes as well as the quick fixes to the installer error 1303. Thus, make sure to read this guide carefully and follow the instructions to resolve the error as quickly as possible. Moreover, you can also contact us via our dedicated support line i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and discuss the issue with our QuickBooks installation support team. Our certified professionals will help you in getting rid of the error with ease.
What leads to QuickBooks error 1303?
There are not plenty of reasons behind the occurrence of this error code, but there can be a few common ones. This error is usually seen when the system group is unable to access the directory due to a lack of full control. Or if there is any issue with the QuickBooks installation. The same error can also be encountered if the settings for Windows file sharing are misconfigured.
- In Case the system doesn’t have enough space in its driver to save the installer files.
- If the system group or the noted directory doesn’t have full control privileges.
- Another reason can be if the settings for Windows file sharing are misconfigured.
- In case there is any technical error in QuickBooks installation.
How to identify the QuickBooks error 1303?
Talking about the various symptoms of QuickBooks error code 1303, these can be identified in the following circumstances:
- In case you are unable to install QuickBooks software for some reason, then it is a major indicator of the error.
- Your Windows Operating system may be freezing again and again.
- The error can also be identified, if the error code in a dialog box displays on the system screen.
- Another symptom of the error 1303 can be if the Windows interacts extremely slowly.
- If the Windows runs sluggishly or does not respond to user inputs, then this may also be a major symptom of QuickBooks Error 1303.
Apt Methods to Root Out QuickBooks Error Code 1303
Note: It should also be noted that for Windows Vista, the utility might not work due to the differences in file structures and permission.
You can create a utility that resets system groups and all group permissions settings to Windows default settings. Another possible option is to manually change the permissions for the system in full control and folder C:\Document and Settings\ All Groups for all users. Let us check out each of the methods one by one:
Method 1: Downloading and installing QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks tools hub is a great invention that helps in tackling a lot of errors. Downloading and installing Tool Hub can help you in getting rid of QuickBooks error 1303. It should be noted that you will have to close the software in order to use this tool. After installing the tool, you can move to the fix QB desktop install errors in the tool, and then use the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool. The steps involved here are:
- Download the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.exe file.
- After that, save the file on the system.
- Double-click the file icon and then run when you are asked to do so.
- Select all the options with having a problem installing QuickBooks and then hit the OK button.
- Later on, the diagnostic tool will automatically check the issue and will try to fix it.
The major point to be noted here is that the speed of the repair process may vary according to the internet speed and the system’s performance.
See Also: What is QuickBooks Error 6129, 0?
Method 2: Running the utility
The utility resets system groups and all group permissions settings to Window settings. Running the utility might work up to a certain extent to fix this error. Let us check the steps out:
- Initially, click on the link: permissionsfix.bat.
- Select the Save option and then save the file on the desktop of the affected system.
- Double click the file, which will open the DOS window on the desktop screen, and then you can type “Y” at the prompt. Running the script will reset the permissions of the affected folders to the default settings. And you will be prompted, “are you sure you want to continue? (Y/N)”.
Note: It should be noted that you can type in “y” only in lowercase to initiate the script. In case Y is typed in Block letters, you will return to the error.
- After that, press any of the keys and exit the DOS window.
- Insert QuickBooks CD and try to install it again.
Method 3: Manually fix the problem
The last method that one can opt for is manually changing the permission to full control for the system and everyone groups for the folder C:\Documents and settings\All users. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
Step 1: Editing the permissions for the appropriate folders
- Press Windows + R keys to open the run window.
- Enter the path C:\ProgramData\COMMON FILES in the open field and then hit the OK tab. This will open up the folder contents window.
- Click on the organize option in the folder window and then choose Properties Windows 10. Followed by selecting properties on the top ribbon of the folder window.
- Choose the Security tab in the properties window.
- Hit a click on the advanced tab and tap on the Edit tab.
- Scroll down the list of permission entries and double-click the system user.
- Select the checkbox for the Full control row in the Allow column. Followed by clicking on the OK button.
- Repeat the steps with everyone group, if exists.
- Check the checkbox saying Replace all existing inheritable permissions on all descendants with inheritable permissions from this object.
- Click on the OK button.
- And end it by installing QuickBooks desktop.
Step 2: Turning off the Simple file sharing
- To initiate, press Windows + R keys and then open up the Run window.
- Copy and paste RunDll32.exe shell32.dll, Options_RunDLL 0 and hit Enter key.
- On the View tab, move to the advanced settings list.
- Clear the Use simple file sharing checkbox.
- To end the process, choose OK and move to QuickBooks desktop installation.
You may also read: Resolve QuickBooks has stopped working error swiftly
Performing the above-mentioned solutions and steps can be pretty helpful in getting rid of QuickBooks error 1303. However, if the error persists for some reason, or the error continues to trouble you, then make sure to contact our professional for technical assistance. You can also make a call at 1(800)761-1787 and talk to our QuickBooks error support team directly.
We are a hub of certified accounting professionals, who work round the clock to provide the best possible assistance for all aspects of QuickBooks needs. Feel free to contact us anytime; our cordial team will be happy to assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Quickbooks Error 1303 appears when QuickBooks users install the QuickBooks program or the updates related to QuickBooks. This error is mainly caused due toa corrupted installer that may be due to a damaged source of installation.
Error 1303 can be rectified by conforming to the following methods:
1: Run QuickBooks Tool Hub.
2: Reset the system groups by using the Utility.
3: Conform to the manual resolution of Error 1303.
QuickBooks Tool Hub is a comprehensive tool rolled out by Intuit that contains a multitude of error-diagnostic features and utilities that can help resolve uncountable errors that evoke in the QuickBooks program. The tool contains a wide range of features like QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, File Doctor Tool, and Quick Fix My Program, including other features.
You might also like