Learn the best ways to easily eliminate the QuickBooks Error 1303: Installer has insufficient privileges to access:
Are you facing QuickBooks error code 1303 and unable to tackle it? Well, need not to worry anymore, as we are here with this guide to fix this error effectively. This error is often encountered at the time of installing QuickBooks desktop. It basically indicates that the installer has insufficient privileges to access the path to the directory. Such an error also comes up with an error message stating:
“Error 1303: Installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory. C:\…\Intuit”.
This error can be very much annoying for the QuickBooks users to handle. Keeping that in mind, we have come up with this article where we are going to discuss the causes as well as the quick fixes to the installer error 1303.Thus, make sure to read this guide properly and also follow the instructions to resolve the error as soon as possible.
Moreover, you can also contact us using our dedicated support line i.e. 1-800-761-1787 and discuss the issue with our QuickBooks installation support team. Our certified professionals will help you in getting rid of the error with much ease.
What leads to QuickBooks error 1303?
There are not a plenty of reasons behind the occurrence of this error code, but there can be a few common ones. This error is usually seen when the system group is unable access the directory due to lack of full control. Or if there is any of issue with the QuickBooks installation. The same error can also be encountered, if the settings for windows file sharing are mis-configured.
- In Case the system doesn’t have enough space in their driver to save the installer files.
- Or If the system group or the noted directory doesn’t have full control privileges.
- Another reason can be if the settings for windows file sharing are mis-configured.
- In case there is any technical error in QuickBooks installation.
How to identify the QuickBooks error 1303?
Talking about the symptoms of QuickBooks error code 1303, it can be identified if:
- Unable to install QuickBooks software for some reason.
- The windows is freezing again and again.
- The error can also be identified, if the error itself displays on the system screen.
- Another symptom of the error 1303 can be if the windows slowly interact.
- Windows run sluggishly or do not respond.
Solutions methods for QuickBooks error 1303
You can resolve this error, by either downloading and installing QuickBooks tool hub or by carrying out the manual steps. You can also run the rebuild utility to get rid of this error.
Note: It should also be noted that for Windows vista, the utility might not work due to the differences in file structures and permission.
You can create a utility that resets system groups and all group permissions settings to windows default settings. Another possible option is to manually change the permissions for the system in full control and folder C:\Document and Settings\ All Groups for all users. Let us check out each of the methods one by one:
Method 1: Downloading and installing QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks tools hub is a great invention that helps in tackling a lot of errors. Downloading and installing tools hub can help you in getting rid of QuickBooks error 1303. It should be noted that you will have to close the software, in order to use this tool. After installing the tool, you can move to the fix QB desktop install errors in the tool and then use the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool. The steps involved in here are:
- Download the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.exe file.
- Save the file on the system.
- Double click the file icon and then run when you are asked to do so.
- Select all the options with having a problem installing QuickBooks and then hit OK button.
- Later on, the diagnostic tool will automatically to check the issue and will try to fix it.
The major point to be noted here is that the speed of the repair process may vary according to the internet speed and the system’s performance.
Method 2: Running the utility
The utility resets system groups and all group permissions settings to window settings. Running the utility might work up to certain extent to fix this error. Let us check the steps out:
- Click on the link: permissionsfix.bat.
- Select the Save option and then save the file on the desktop of the affected system.
- Double click the file, that will open the DOS window in desktop screen and then you can type “Y” at prompt. Running the script will reset the permissions of the affected folders to the default settings. And you will be prompted “are you sure you want to continue? (Y/N)”.
Note: It should be noted that you can type in “y” only in lowercase to initiate the script. In case Y is typed in Block letters, you will return to the error.
- Press any of the keys and exit the DOS window.
- Insert QuickBooks CD and trying to install it again.
Method 3: Resolving the error manually
The last method that one can opt for is manually changing the permission to full control for system and everyone groups for the folder C:\Documents and settings\All users. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
Step 1: Editing the permissions for the appropriate folders
- Press Windows + R keys to open the run window.
- Enter the path C:\ProgramData\COMMON FILES in the open field and then hit OK tab. This will open up the folder contents window.
- Click on the organize option in the folder window and then choose the Properties windows 10. Followed by selecting properties on the top ribbon of the folder window.
- Choose the Security tab in the properties window.
- Hit a click on the advanced tab.
- Tap on Edit tab.
- Scroll down the list of permission entries and double clicking the system user.
- Select the checkbox for the full control row in the allow column. Followed by click on OK button.
- Repeat the steps with everyone group, if exists.
- Check the checkbox saying Replace all existing inheritable permissions on all descendants with inheritable permissions form this object.
- Click on OK button.
- And end it, by installing QuickBooks desktop.
Step 2: Turning off the Simple file sharing
- To initiate, press Windows + R keys and then open up the Run window.
- Copy and paste RunDll32.exe shell32.dll,Options_RunDLL 0 and hitting Enter key.
- On the View tab, move to the advanced settings list.
- Clear the use simple file sharing checkbox.
- To end the process, choose OK and move to QuickBooks desktop installation.
You may also read: Resolve QuickBooks has stopped working error swiftly
Performing the above-mentioned solutions and steps can be pretty helpful in getting rid of QuickBooks error 1303. However, if the error persists for some reasons, or the error continues to trouble you then make sure to contact our professional for technical assistance. You can also make a call at 1(800)761-1787 and talk to our QuickBooks error support team directly.
We are a hub of certified accounting professionals, who work round the clock to provide the best possible assistance for all sorts of QuickBooks needs. Feel free to contact us anytime, we will be more happy to help you.
You might also like