Want to explore and analyze reports out of QuickBooks in Microsoft excel? Well, this is possible, by exporting reports as excel workbooks in QuickBooks. You can save the reports as excel workbooks, CSV spreadsheets, or PDF’s. In case you are planning to export reports as excel in QuickBooks, then make sure to scroll down carefully. The process involves certain steps, which we will be discussing later in this article. However, if you are a newbie and don’t want to invest your time in performing the steps manually, then in that case you can speak to our team professionals.
Steps for Exporting a Report in QuickBooks Desktop for Windows
The steps involved in the process to export a report in QuickBooks desktop for Windows are shared below:
- The first step is to move to the Reports menu in QuickBooks and select Reports center.
- The next step is to look and open any of the report.
- Further, select the Excel on the toolbar and select Print to save the report as a PDF.
- The user is then required to Create a new excel workbook and select Create new worksheet. If you wish to update an existing workbook with the data in the open report and select update existing worksheet. Also, select Browse and look for the workbook on the system. Keep in mind that this overwrites workbook.
- In case the user wishes to format the data a specific way, then select Advanced.
Note that the reports must have less than 256 columns. In case you saw report has too many columns, and then select advanced tab. Choose and uncheck the space between columns checkbox and hit OK tab. You can save the report as a CSV instead of an excel workbook and have more columns.
- The user is required to choose OK tab when he/she is read to export.
- To open the report in excel, select Export tab.
You may also see: How to Recover Lost Data From Auto Data Recovery?
Steps for Exporting a Report in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
Note that one can open the excel workbooks with apple number or Microsoft excel 2016 or later, which includes Mac office 365:
- Move to the Reports menu and look for the reports to be exported.
- Select the Export.
- Select File, when the file opens and select save as to save the file.
QuickBooks software will open up excel workbooks with the default set by the user. This can be changed as:
- You need to right click the file and select Get info.
- After that from open with menu, choose Microsoft excel or Apple number.
- Select Change all.
Steps for getting updated reports while working in excel
After performing the steps above, the user can get the latest version of the report from QuickBooks being in excel. It is essential to note that the first time a report is updated from excel, you need to ensure that QuickBooks is open. This will set the preferences and permissions. The user update reports from excel even if QuickBooks is closed.
- The user should first move to QuickBooks tab in Microsoft excel. It will automatically add this the first-time report is exported
- Select Update report to get the latest version of the report from QuickBooks.
Exporting reports as excel workbooks in QuickBooks desktop might be possible using the steps that we have discussed earlier in this article. However, if you are still unable to export reports as excel workbooks in QuickBooks desktop, then make sure to speak with our technical team and let them resolve your queries with utmost care. Our QuickBooks desktop support experts and professionals will ensure to come up with the most relevant steps to export reports as excel workbooks for you successfully.
Other Frequently Asked Questions: